What is normal
- Immediately after the lash application, some individuals with sensitivities can experience minor redness and dry eye. We try to minimize this where possible, so we will ask if you are sensitive beforehand. In most cases, this disappears within an hour or so and there’s no need to worry. Of course, call us if you are concerned.
- It’s normal lose a couple of lashes every day (1-5). Don’t be alarmed if you notice them from time to time (as they are much larger than your natural lashes). The extension falls out attached to the natural lash when it is ready to come out, and a new baby lash takes its place. Some days you won’t lose any, other days you might lose 3 or 4. It’s completely normal and does not mean your eyelashes are all going to fall out!
- Some lash growth cycles are faster than others. You may find every few months, your lashes shed faster than other times. It usually means that you have a lot of new growth, and when you come in we will see a lot more lashes we can lash! Other times they might still look great at 4 or 5 weeks, as they have not shed much.
- No two sets of lashes are identical. We customize the styling, sizes, weights and curls to every individuals eye shape, natural lash condition and tastes. Each style looks different depending on how own eye shape. So please be aware that your lashes will not look identical to your friends, even if you request the same thing.
- Expect between 2 – 4 weeks before you need an infill. On average, our clients come back every 3 weeks. Sets consisting of more lashes (glam and volume) will usually last longer than those will less (full, lite). Shorter lashes usually last longer too.
What’s not normal
- If you experience intense itching and or red/swollen eyelids in the first few days after the application. This could be an allergic reaction. Unfortunately, these are largely unavoidable – but luckily they are rare, and can be treated. Please contact us if you are worried.
- Excessive shedding of extensions off the natural lashes in the first few days. This is uncommon – but please contact us if you feel they are shedding rapidly within the first 3 days of application so we can troubleshoot and/or assess your lashes.
- If (after wearing extensions for a while) you find your eyes sometimes feel gritty and sandy – this can mean that you really need to clean your lashes more frequently/properly. Your technician can assess your lash line and give advice on the best way to clean your lashes.